We've made some improvements to our API Explorer site and made many of our APIs available on an updated platform.
The site now has a log in facility to help you manage your subscriptions to a range of our APIs.
Many pages now have an 'API Console' section where you can view details of the API in the OpenAPI Specification format and can try out the API from your web browser.
There is now a 'Prototyped APIs' section where we publish draft API designs for public review and to gauge interest before we produce a final version.
Our documentation structure has been simplified to make it easier to get information about our APIs. Details for each API are now presented on a single page.
For more details on how to use the updated site see here.
Many of our APIs have been updated to run on a new API platform. In most cases the request and response formats have not been changed, but a new authentication method is used.
APIs from these areas are now available on the new platform:
- Insolvency and Trustee Services
- Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand (IPONZ)
- New Zealand Business Number (NZBN)
- Radio Spectrum Management (RSM)
- Tenancy Services
Key differences include:
- These APIs now use OAuth2 authentication with tokens you can manage by logging in to API Explorer.
- New versions of NZBN search and Insolvency, with additional data now returned.
- New version of Tenancy Tribunal application.
- Improved validation error messages for SOAP based APIs.
We aim to have all current customers those APIs switched to the new platform by mid-December 2016. If you are a customer that needs to make changes we will be in touch in the coming weeks to assist with your update.